Khaproli with ras coconut milk
- 2 Cups Rice (तांदूळ)
- 1/2 Cup Urad dal (उडीद डाळ)
- 1/4 Cup Chana Dal (चण्याची डाळ)
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds (मेथी)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (जिरे)
- 1/2 cup Flattened Rice (पोहे)
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder (हळद)
- Salt (मीठ)
- Ghee or oil (तूप, तेल)
- For the Ras Coconut Milk
- 2 Cups Coconut (नारळाचा किस)
- 1/2 Cup Grated Jaggery (गुळ)
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Cardamom (वेलची)
Rice, and dals should be washed and rinsed with wate r2-3 times before soaking.
Soak rice, dal, fenugreek and cumin in water for 5-6 hours.
When ready to blend rinse poha and soak poha for 10 minutes.
After blending everything add turmeric and keep aisde for fermentation for 6-8 hours.
After fermentation add salt to the batter only which you are going to use.
Store rest of the batter in the refrigerator for stopping fermentation.
Make sure pan is heated well and grease with ghee or oil.